Pages

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Train, bus, train

I'm here in San Diego! Richard, My-Lien, Berg and I finally arrived safely and I'm looking forward to waking up at 530 to drive to Campo.

Friday, of course, was my last day of work. I was surprised by my coworkers with beautiful flowers and a gift card to Sport Chalet. After work, I went home to wrap up some details before heading to San Jose for my bon voyage party.

Mom, Katie, Maggie and Jim put on an excellent party. They made me an awesome banner; Maggie decorated my favorite cake with a river, a trail, fields, trees, and a hiker figurine; Katie put together PCT maps with info about my blog and how to send me treats! It was great to see everyone again. For the next two days it was back to running errands.

This morning Jon and I woke before dawn and went to pick up ML, R, & B. We took a train, a bus, and another train to San Diego where R's aunt Irene picked us up. We made the rounds to visit their family and then went to the BEST hole-on-the-wall Thai restaurant I've ever been to. Stuffed, we are now at ML's parents' home and tucking in.

The forecast for tomorrow is a little drizzle during the day and thunderstorms at night. I never imagined that my first day on the PCT would necessitate my umbrella for protection from RAIN instead of sun! I'm nervous, but excited!





1 comment: