Pages

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Moxie on the PCT

Thanks for reading about my experience on the PCT. I'm Stephanie, a 25 year old from San Jose, CA by way of Davis. I'm starting my PCT trek at the end of April 2012 in Campo, CA. I'm aiming to arrive in Manning Park, BC, Canada (2650 miles north) in late September 2012.

This hike has been a long time coming. About three years ago I came across a copy of "The Backpacking Woman", in which the PCT was mentioned and revered as the pinnacle of achievement for women backpackers. Right then, I decided I would do the PCT, without knowing a single thing about it, not even its length!

In the intervening time, I've devoted countless hours to reading about long distance backpacking, researching gear, learning how to dehydrate and prepare food... it's a long list... And I've been so grateful to have the unflagging support and enthusiasm of my family, friends, and co-workers.

More than anyone else, I have Jonathan, my partner in all things, to thank. For his complete faith in my ability, encouragement when my own confidence falters, listening patiently to my broken-record talk of the trip, and for agreeing to be my quartermaster, co-ordinator, and home base.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Steph,
    This is Peter Luster. Met you on the trail Saturday near Idylwild. Look forward to following your adventure!

    ReplyDelete